Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I don't feel any better now than I did last time I wrote in here.   I am not pregnant this time though.  I haven't felt good since my daughter was born, and she will be two years old in a few days.   I have pretty much given up.  I don't know what to do.   I haven't even bothered trying to tweek my meds in so long, because I just get hyper, but never better.  
Right now I am on 100mcg synthroid, 60mg Armour and 20mg HC.   Now my doctor thinks I have Candida, which I agree with, because I don't eat like I should.   So, all the meds in the world won't help than unless I can rid of the yeast.  I did go on an antifungal drug (forgot the name) and I tried the candida diet (no sugar,  including fruit, no grains, no yeast, no peanuts, no dairy.... so pretty much meat and veggies.)  I don't dissagree that it is a very healthy diet, but it is about impossible to do, especially the no fruit part.   Also, it takes a lot of energy to make everything from scratch, and I don't have energy. 

I have recently realized that everday I am waiting for tomorrow, hoping to feel normal again.  So for the last ten years, I have just been "waiting until".   Of course, life is not easy like this, but it is what I have, so I might as well just accept it and try to get on with life.  It doesn't mean that I won't try getting my candida under control, or that I will never again try to tweek my meds, but right now I am almost as sick of trying to get well as I am of being sick.  *sigh*

2 comments:

Angela Nelson said...

Just found your blog the other day and it just made me want to reach out and hug you! I'm so sorry for how things are going for you. I can SO relate--I've been going through this same thing for over 12 years. I've spent tons of money trying to find the right doc and the right treatment and I'm really no closer now than ever before except for ruling out a lot of stuff.

I think you've got the right attitude--we just need to jump in and have as much of a life as we can! Especially with little ones (I have 3 little girls), the time flies so quickly and I already feel like I have missed so much! I don't want to let anymore time go by without enjoying it.

Hang in there! It was helpful for me to simply find your blog and know that someone else out there understands. I wish you the best!

Laura said...

Hi Angela,
Thank you for your post. I am sorry that I did not see it until now. How are you feeling?